Saturday, March 26, 2005

bed rest is for the birds

Bed rest or couch rest, whatever you want to call it just isn't for me, I've decided. I like laying around on the couch watching t.v. plenty when someone's not telling me to do it. But there's something about being commanded to something, even something that's really not that bad, that just makes it a bad experience. My muscles are beginning to atrophy and I think I'm getting bed sores. There's a permanent imprint of my growing butt on the couch that doesn't go away even when I get up. Oh, oh, woe is me. My mom says there are worse things in life than being bored. I guess she's right.

In all seriousness, though, I will be glad when I get the green light to live life again beyond the couch. I go back to the doctor on Monday and we'll see where we're at with this pregnancy. I feel cautiously optimistic. I am hopeful that things will be different this time. I'll let you know what we find out Monday, good or bad.

1 comment:

Lizanne said...

I'm with ya siser! I went to bed for a month and a half with my middle child. That meant that big bro. (16 mos. old at the time) got into everything. Keep your spirits up! We are praying for ya'll today!