Saturday, August 20, 2005

I hate stress!!!!

I am quite stressed out. And I don't like myself when I am in this state. First of all, I'm taking a situation that really doesn't have to do with me and making it about me. I hate that!! I should be a better person than that.

My mom is in terrible pain with her arm and she's going to have to have surgery. In the mean time, she can't work and can barely take care of herself. So, where does my mind go? I'll tell you. "What about me?!" "What am I going to do about my job?! So many people are helping her out and me out during this time. But am I grateful? I want to be, but mostly I'm just irritated. I'm irritated by the whole situation. And I have no good place to direct my irritation. It's not my mom's fault she broke her arm at my house keeping my kid. It's not Jackson's fault for chasing her through the house. It's not even my fault really for leaving the blowdryer on the floor (though I do feel guilty about that). I don't want to be selfish. I don't want to be me-centered. The stress I feel about how this relates to my life is hendering me from being sensitive to my mom's needs. And what is being stressed out about stuff accomplishing anyway? Nothing! It is just clouding me from doing what has to be done.

This situation is temporary. My mom said today that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. But, man, why are there so many dang tunnels? I'm getting sick of tunnels.

10 comments:

praynlady said...

goodness gracious! Hey, I'm right there with you. I am looking at about 2 dozen tunnels as I write. It'll all pass. This is what everyone keeps telling me. I'm tired of it too. I feel like I've been dumped in the middle of a road that forks and I don't know which way to go. What about me? I've been asking myself that question many times in the last few weeks. There is so much going on that I feel as if I'm being left behind. Hang in there and know that all will get better. Yep, that's what I keep telling myself too. Let's see if it really works.......
mind over matter........
mind over matter.........
mind over matter..........
Nope! not yet! haha

Maury said...

I vote you take it out on Phillip!

=)

Jenny Hintze said...

Hey, that's a great idea. He's tough. He can handle it. And by the way, I'll tell him he can sleep at your house if he gets sick of it.

Phillip Hintze said...

DUDE!

Maury said...

Heh -- just outside. =)

Kristin emailed me and told me she gags just thinking of them, but she couldn't help herself -- she had to read to see what in the world I was going to say.

And I STILL don't know why they die on their backs!

=(

reflectionsofatexan said...

Well, if you can smash them hard enough on their back, they'll usually stay face up :) Now spiders are another story...why do their legs curl inward?
-mindy jensen

Jenny Hintze said...

Hey, why has this blog post turned to bugs? What about ME and MY plight! Come on, I was having a perfectly good pitty party until Maury had to bring roaches into the party.

Jenny Hintze said...

I guess actually Andrea is the one that brought up the roach subject. And by the way that comment made me laught like crazy.

praynlady said...

....and ROACHES create stress.

just had to add a simple note. I'd rather have dogs in my house than roaches.

Oh yeah, I do have dogs in the house. 2 roaches in 2 days, its either gonna quit raining or I'm moving to the moon. I will make sure not to take any cardboard, boxed foods etc. so as not to carry any of them with me. Can roaches live in 0 gravity?

praynlady said...

Jenny, I'm sorry, forgot it was ALL about you! heehee
Are you smiling? If not go stub your big toe on the cabinets and you'll smile for a bit (ok maybe it'll be more of a grimace) and it'll take your mind off your troubles. lol
just kidding, you might end up with it broken and have to go the er. Can't have you down too!