Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Impeccable Taste

I pretty much trust Phillip's opinion when it comes to music. He has not steered me wrong yet. He has turned me on to such artists as Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Radiohead, Coldplay, Beck, Miles Davis, and many, many others. (You may sense that there is a BIG BUT coming.) But....he's gotten a few CDs lately that I'm seriously not too sure about. One of the CDs he gotten recently is some weirdo Icelandic, no-word, Enya sounding music. Really, I can't believe he likes it. I'm trying to give it a chance because, like I said, I trust his musical taste. But I'm wondering if he's slipping. I mean you can't have 100% impeccable taste in something, can you? I think he's trying to broaden his horizons or something. Maybe I'll end up liking it. Who knows. I have ended up liking The White Stripes and The Flaming Lips and they're pretty weird.

8 comments:

Phillip Hintze said...

Sigur Rós ≠ Enya.
Sigur Rós > Enya.

For another thing, I am trying to broaden my musical horizons. Buying music sight unseen can be pretty hit or miss. I'm prepared to find some suck if it means finding some good stuff that I wouldn't have heard otherwise.

Maury said...

Just don't catch TEH GHEY and start liking that Enya-ish stuff too much!

Of course, if that happens, I can pummel you with some Norma Jean and scare that GHEY right outta ya.


=)

Jenny Hintze said...

Have you scared TEH GHEY out of your buddy who listens to George Michael?

debbie said...

Ok I know I am old and all, but what in the heck is TEH GHEY? or do i really want to know?

Maury said...

No, but I sure wish I could. However, he's quite the LAYDAYS man, so I'm not worried about him. You can learn more than you ever wanted to know about him at his web site: dewese.com

We always called him "wuss" though...so maybe...nah...

Maury said...

TEH GHEY is just a silly online forum way to say "gay."

debbie said...

Thank you. I kind of thought that was it.

Jim Looby said...

You know, I read the first part of your blog and knew you were referring to Sigur Rós.

Personally, I love 'em.

On a secondary note: Wuss rules. Flaming Lips are great until they get interviewed. Then they're just stupid. The rest I'm all for. I'm also loving Underoath.