Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Zoo and Long-haired Rebels

I haven't written in quite a while. I just haven't had anything I felt was relevant enough to write about. Not that much of what I write is terribly relevant anyway. But if I'm going to bother having this blog I need to write more than once a week.

So anyway, we went to the Houston Zoo on Tuesday. The weather was pretty nice and we had a good time and spent too much money. We brought our stroller for Jackson and he looked ridiculous in it. He's huge. But it's a good thing we brought it because we had to strap his little rear in it a few times just to keep him from running off. I was standing next to some cow in the children's zoo area and the thing must have peed for a minute straight. It was crazy.

While we were there I think I might have accidentally offended a group of Pentecostal women. Or maybe I just offended one of them. I don't know. She said (rather loud and in my direction), "That woman better stop giving me dirty looks and shaking her head at me. We're about to have words." I don't recall shaking my head at her or giving her dirty looks. But who knows. I probably did look at them a little funny. Two of the women that were with them had the long pulled back hair but they were wearing jeans. And I was just a little confused. I was probably thinking, "Have they fallen astray? Are they rebels? Maybe they're part of a more contemporary sect." Maybe my confusion looked like contempt. Either way, I was probably being rude. Oh well, I could have taken her if I had to.

Well, here's some pictures from our day at the zoo. I didn't get any pictures of my Pentecostal friends.





5 comments:

Maury said...

Were they riding miniature ponies by any chance?

Jenny Hintze said...

Dude, Nuns are much cooler than Pentecostals.

Maury said...

...but maybe not cooler than Pentecostals riding miniature ponies around the Houston Zoo...

Jim Looby said...

You said "Houston Zoo" and I immediately think of Highway 6 around Addicks.

mindy said...

that's a neat picture of jackson & phillip.