Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What a difference a year makes!

I don't mean for this to be a morbid post or anything, so if it makes anyone uncomfortable, I'm sorry.

I realized something pretty cool a little while ago and I thought it was worth sharing. I haven't written in a while about the miscarriages that we've had. Honestly, those losses are not on my mind that much anymore. And that's a good thing. Not that those babies will ever be forgotten. But the pain from loosing them is mostly a memory.

Anyway, what's cool is that I just realized we got Mikey a year....almost to the moment we found out about our fourth baby. I had my appointment on January 11, 2006 at 4:15. I found out at that appointment they could not find a heart beat. They sent me to the hospital where I had an ultrasound at 5:47 when they confirmed the baby was not alive.

CPS walked in our door with Mikey at 5:30 p.m. on January 11, 2007. One year later. I think that's pretty cool. He's brought a lot of healing to this family.

No comments: