Friday, June 29, 2007

Jackson is CRAZY

Jackson has just gotten nutser and nutser with each passing year. He was funny at two. He was still funny, but quite a bit more annoying at three. He was bordering on just plain obnoxious at four. And now that he's five, he just driving me flat bonkers! He doesn't really misbehave, he just gets on my nerves. Can you punish a kid for just getting on your nerves?? He's still funny, but he tries too hard to be funny so it's not as funny anymore. We were seriously considering home schooling him for kindergarten in the fall. Seriously considering it. After careful consideration, we decided to send him on to real kindergarten. The other day Jackson was acting like his insane self and I said, "It's a good thing we're not homeschooling him because I think I would have to become an alcoholic to be able to make it through the day." Not really funny, I know. (And not really serious either Mom and Debbie.)

Jackson does some pretty funny little accents here and there that he's picked up. Kind of British, but not really. But if we laugh at him he keeps saying the same thing 50,000 more times until I think my brain is going to explode. And he has this fake laugh that he does at Mikey to get Mikey laughing. I just don't really know how to describe it except really loud and really nerdy. And he probably says "Huh?" atleast 50 times a day. I can't wait until he picks up lots more annoying habits from the little worms he'll be in school with.

But he dances pretty cool. And Phillip and I noticed the other day that he's nailed down some of the best argument phrases in the world like "but still" and "no, for real" and "come on" and "Dude!" And he likes to kiss me on the arm and Phillip on the head. So, I suppose he does have some redeeming qualities.

2 comments:

Maury said...

Phillip probably told you, but at practice, there was some scene in his Star Wars movie he wanted Phillip to watch with him. Phillip kept telling him "later" or something, and after practice, we find out that Jackson had paused it and was just sitting there for I don't know how long (20 mintes +, maybe?), so that he could watch it with his Dad. It was quite funny -- and cute.

Taysom Family said...

Guess what the phrase of the month is in my house? "What are you babbling about?" Cute sometimes . . . frustrtaing at other times.