Saturday, July 30, 2005

Nonsense

I used to write poetry in intermediate and high school. Most of it was goofy about the woe is me of relationship type stuff. Anyway, I've been trying to find this book that I wrote some of them down in and I finally came across it. One of the poems that I wrote in high school is kind of cool. It really doesn't mean much of anything so don't try to find or create some hidden meaning in it. I was just in history class one day bored and not paying attention and started writing some stuff down that sounded cool together. I was just kind of looking around the room and writing what came to me. There was a flag in the room, someone was wearing red shoes, someone was sleeping, etc. Anyway, here's a blast from my past. Remember as you read this, I was about 17.

They stole the path to Eden,
Believed in only you,
Pushed moons aside to make ammends,
And stole the souls of many men.
Lesser the lives are almost crossed,
Liars live in fear,
The flag waves under the blue beyond,
In my little world I wish you lived.
The steps on the front of the house are chipped,
Red shoes of time are growing still beneath the rows of linen sheets,
And little hands make brown doors creak,
While the wind sleeps slowly in my mind.

No comments: