Wednesday, December 06, 2006

For Sale

I noticed this nativity scene for sale on Monday and I finally got a picture of it. When I first saw it, I just thought it was an outdated, tacky nativity scene that these people were using to decorate their yard. But, oh no....it's for SALE! These people that live in this house are always selling stuff. Most of it looks like junk to me. It seems like they always have something in the front yard with a "for sale" sign on it. I guess they thought they would decorate for the season and make a few bucks at the same time. Is that synergy? So, anyway, if you're in the market for a nativity that's missing the baby Jesus, just drive down Sycamore towards Oyster Creek Drive. You can't miss it. I gotta wonder why they even put the broken (empty) little cradle thing there. I guess just the right person could fix it or something.






There was one day that they were selling some black box things. I don't know what they were. They looked like some boxes made of plywood and painted black or something. Anyway, I was driving home and passed by their house and this very nicely dressed man in a Lexus was out buying those boxes. It's like he was driving by and thought, "Hey, that's just what I need." Weird. Anyway, from old stationary bicycles to nativity scenes, if you need it, they'll probably be selling it in their yard eventually.

3 comments:

Maury said...

I noticed they blocked out the "by owner" part. I wonder if they're really trying to make some "statement" or some such nonsense. I mean, if it's for sale, why tuck the "FOR SALE" sign way inside like they did?

Something smells fishy...

Jenny Hintze said...

It's just the same sign they use for every piece of junk they sell in their yard.

They're just old.

Jim Looby said...

I had the same thought as Maury. Seemed like a statement. Or haphazard irony.