Friday, December 01, 2006

"Live or die, succeed or fail..."

I'm reading The Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus. I'm almost done with it. It's a pretty quick little book to read. Anyway, lately I've been toying with a couple of things (in my mind) that I want to try to accomplish....someday. And there's a part in this book that jumped out at me and made me want to commit.

"To be filled with the Spirit of God is to be filled with dreams and visions that are too compelling to ignore. Live or die, succeed or fail, barbarians must pursue and attempt such dreams and visions. The barbarian spirit dreams great dreams and finds the courage to live them." (100)

"For the Spirit of God to unleash dreams and visions within our souls, we must become free to risk and to fail. Every dream born of God is fueled by love. Every conversation to be had with God challenges the boundaries of our imagination." (101)

So, anyway, I've decided on a couple of things I want to have accomplished by my 30th birthday. And no, I'm not going to post what they are here. That's really beside the point...plus, I think you have to be careful who you share your dreams with...no offense. I told Phillip and I'm documenting it here for my own benefit. On January 15th, 2008 I'll be 30. And when that day comes, I'll let you know if I have accomplished what I want to accomplish.

What do you dream of doing? What is the thing you won't attempt because you are afraid you will fail? What keeps you up at night?

No comments: