Tuesday, May 03, 2005

My baby is turning three

Jackson will be three years old on Saturday. When he was born, I couldn't wait to see what he would look like and act like and speak like when he got older. I couldn't wait for him to take his first steps and say "mommy." Then I couldn't wait for him to be potty trained. Now I still look forward to watching him grow and develop, but mostly I just miss my baby. Do parents always long for their children to be what they once were or what they're going to be? Why is it so hard to savor today? I can't believe my baby is almost three.

On a lighter note, last night Jackson wanted to sleep in our bed. We told him he needed to sleep in his own bed. He asked why and I said, "because you're three years old and big enough to sleep in your own bed." He said, "but I'm not three years old. I'm still two years old." Turkey! He slept in his own bed anyway, three or not.

1 comment:

Phillip Hintze said...

Andrea, you need your own blog.