Thursday, September 07, 2006

More pictures of Jackson

I took some pictures of Jackson today at MacLean Park. I'm trying to practice a little with posed shots. Most of the pictures I take of him are just candid. I'm going to be taking some pictures of some adults and teenagers for this ministry thing that our church is doing. I have done almost no adult photography so we'll see how it goes. I've taken a few already and they have turned out pretty good. We're thinking about investing in Photoshop and maybe even a nicer camera down the road.

I would kind of like to get some practice at taking pictures of adults and families and stuff so if any of you guys would like me to get some pictures of your kids or family, I'd be glad to. Who knows if they will turn out or not. But I'd love to try.








10 comments:

Maury said...

The look good -- keep it up! Just be mindful of what lurks in the background, and if you have a decent manipulation app (like Photoshop (or the free Gimp)), you can crop out little quirks and rotate, etc.

Maury said...

Gimpshop:
http://plasticbugs.com/?page_id=294

Gimp:
http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net/

Maury said...

Almost forgot (then I'll quit spamming this post): don't get crazy and order a copy of Photoshop yet—the release date of the next version will be announced next week.

Jenny Hintze said...

Yeah, the background thing is the hardest part I think. I'm sure there are some good places around to take outsdoor shots. I just don't really know where they are yet.

Maury said...

Yeah, backgrounds can be a pain. A tip for this is to look around through the viewfinder rather than just with your eyes. Sometimes you can move just a hint to the right/left, zoom in just a smidge, and boom -- the perfect background.

Another massive pain in the butt around here are the power and phone lines EVERYWHERE.

Jim Looby said...

A word of advice: I wouldn't tell people you're going to be doing "adult photography." They might get the wrong idears.

Jenny Hintze said...

Very true, Jim. Thanks for that bit of wisdom.

Jenny Hintze said...

Hey Jim, don't know if you're reading this or not, but I just looked at my stats and someone did a blogger search for "adult pictures" and found my blog. Perv.

Mad Housewife said...

I wish everyone in the world could be as happy as he looks all the time. The world would be a much better place.

Jim Looby said...

That's funny, in a terribly sickening kind of way. Maybe the person was shamed.


/probably not...