Friday, February 15, 2008

Fingerprints and other stuff

Today Phillip and I are getting fingerprinted....again. This time it's not just for the state of Texas, but federal. And this time it's electronic so no yucky, sticky ink all over the fingers. We have to go to two separate locations because Phillip has to go to a place closer to his school so he doesn't have to take off work. So, I'll be driving out to Pearland later....what fun. I might have to visit Starbucks while I'm out there.

Phillip and I were talking about this whole fingerprinting thing a few days ago. We decided that if we're ever stupid enough to commit a really bad crime, we better remember to wear gloves.

Adoption plans are still moving along. I need to call our attorney today and see if we can work on nailing down a date. I'm not sure if we can even set the date until the 90 days is up. We'll see.

Mikey's rash is much better now. He's still a little splotchy, but nothing like it was. He got much worse after those pictures I posted. His entire body was one red mess.

Once the adoption is final, I'll be posting like a thousand pictures of that beautiful child on this blog. And I can hardly wait.

I started working on his adoption announcement last night. It's going to be kind of hard to fit in all the info I want to fit without looking really stupid. I bought some really cute baby announcements that are in PSD format so they can be edited and stuff in Photoshop. I thought I would try my hand at designing announcements, but it takes a lot of time and at this point I think I'd rather just pay someone else to do it. Mine are kind of lame anyway. I need to buy some graduation announcements and Christmas card templates before too long.

Phillip has done some more work on my photography page. He changed the index slide show and just cleaned stuff up a bit. I really like the way it looks. I'm considering putting some music of some kind on it, but I'm not sure if that's totally lame or not. I've got a few shoots coming up in the next few weeks. Things are moving kind of slow, but I think this kind of thing can just take a while to get going. I'm planning on having a thing made for the rear window of my truck soon with my name and web address and stuff. But I'm pretty sure that if anyone happened to see it they would forget how to spell "Hintze" by the time they got home. I've done a couple of shoots in peoples' homes and I'll be doing some more of that soon. I really like doing that....a lot! I hope that can be something I can do a lot more of. I was initially thinking I would try to have a home studio, but I would really rather just do stuff in homes and outside. Studio stuff is kind of stuffy.

Anyway, I better get ready for my fingerprint trip. I hope they don't manhandle my poor, injured finger.

No comments: