Monday, March 31, 2008

"Adoptive Placement"

As of today, Mikey is no longer our "foster child."  For the next six days he is our "adoptive placement."  Then on the 7th, he will just finally be our kid.  Phillip and I went today to the Angleton CPS office to fill out paperwork to prepare for the adoption.  We were given Mikey's file, which is a pretty decent stack of papers.  His file is tiny compared to many of the kids in the system.  We were also given his original birth certificate (no longer just a copy) and his original social security card (which will have to be redone in a week).  So, I think it's almost done.  Now the judge just has to bang her gavel and that will be that.  We are all so ready for that day.


8 comments:

debbie said...

Monday will be a "Hallelujah" day! Of course, from day 1 we considered Mikey our grandson. But it will be good that it is legally and finally done.

Maury said...

Are there going to be other families there, too? For some reason, I'm thinking y'all said that this is like a scheduled day where several kiddos get officially adopted, so it won't be just Mikey.

Just thinking about taking pics and stuff. I wonder if the Judge will let me roam all around the chamber like a wedding so that I can get some cool shots. ???

Jenny Hintze said...

No, this is just us in the courtroom. The other thing was National Adoption Day in November. I thought we might be doing it then because I was misled by the CPS workers. So, as far as I know, you'll be able to walk around and stuff. The judge goes to our church (you'll probably recognize her when you see her) so she will probably be cool with whatever.

Maury said...

Sweet, that'll be much cooler in all kinds of ways. =)

If it's the short older lady, then she was in our Group Small Team Home Group Small last year or so.

Phillip Hintze said...

I always say Small Team.

gale said...

I wish I could share in your "Hallelujah" day. But I think I have Daddy talked into going down for the big party shindig. It's good to have that kiddo in the family officially.

Chuchey Dradey said...

Wahoo! When we adopted Charlie last year, we had a courtroom full of people and video cameras moving. The actual time in the courtroom took minutes, but savor every moment. You deserve it.

Chuchey Dradey said...

I meant video cameras rolling....oops