Thursday, March 27, 2008

Jackson is just too cute! And Mikey is WILD!

Here are a few Easter pictures of Jackson.  The last two are from his school Easter egg hunt. He's just cute.

That day was kind of crazy.  If you can, imagine me pushing a stroller, holding a camera that's too big for me and 26 pounds of Mikey writhing and screaming in my arms,  trying to take pictures of Jackson.  (For all of you grammar people, I know that sentence is bad and I don't care.)

I asked Jackson later if Mikey embarrassed him at his egg hunt.  He seemed completely puzzled by the question and said something like, "No, of course he didn't embarrass me.  Why would he have embarrassed me."  Oh, to live in such a state of obliviousness!  How wonderful would that be.  Is that even a word? 

I think I lost a couple of pounds during that half hour event.  We left way before it was over because Mikey had simply had enough.  I think the rest of the crowd was really glad when we left too.  The looks I get when Mikey is doing his temper tantrum stuff are pretty funny.  They range from understanding to pity to annoyance to flat out contempt.   And to top that off, I walked from our house to the school with the stroller and the camera.  So I had to walk back after I was already fatigued from wrestling with Mikey.  We live about 1/4 mile from the school at the most so now I'm just being whiny.  Anyway, I needed a nap that I didn't get.  Such a martyr, I know.

So, anyway, here are a couple of pictures of my relatively calm child.  Very soon I'll be putting pictures of my tornado on here.  His eyelashes are still enough to make up for his craziness.




1 comment:

debbie said...

That middle one is just the cutest! A really sweet expression on his face.