Sunday, March 23, 2008

Wedding update

My first wedding "gig" is behind me.  It was a really LONG day.  The wedding was in Hemphill, Tx and it took about four hours to get there.  It is seriously in the middle of nowhere.  It was fun and I'm glad I did it.  There were no major mishaps or catastrophes.  

I almost killed us driving on the way home but thankfully the person I almost ran into was paying closer attention to the road than I was and didn't hit us.  Phillip thinks we would have lived; we just would have been horribly disfigured.  Personally, I think we would have been toast.  It scared me to death!  

Anyway, about the wedding..... I put a few pictures on my photo blog.  I don't think I'm going to be in any hurry to do anymore weddings.  It's a lot of pressure and extremely time consuming. Now I've got about 500 pictures or so to go through and adjust.  I really don't even want to think about that right now.  

I wish that I had written down some of the funny things we saw on the way there and back.  We just saw lots of funny names of people, churches, sign, etc.  But it's past time to go to bed and I don't feel like trying to remember any of them right now.  

But here's one thought to leave you with.  What the heck is mayhaw jelly?  

5 comments:

gale said...

You didn't say anything about almost killing yourselves. Awfully glad you didn't. And, mayhaw jelly is about the best jelly you could ever imagine eating. Our mother used to make it when we were younger, I think we even used to pick the mayhaws off a tree or bush or whatever in the country at our Uncle Clarence's. But Debbie could probably shed more light on mayhaw jelly than I can.

debbie said...

The mayhaw (crataegus opaca) is a fruit about 1/2" to 1" in diameter. Ripe from mid-April through early May, its fruit color varies from bright red to reddish yellow. The mayhaw is best known for the delicious, unique jelly that has been a southern favorite for generations. There are endless possibilities for processed mayhaws such as flavoring, butter, jam, sauces, pie filling, coffee cakes, ice cream, wine, etc.

Does that tell you more than you wanted to know?

Jenny Hintze said...

Did you get that from Wikipedia?

debbie said...

Of course not! I got it from the Louisiana Mayhaw Association

gale said...

Are you by any chance a charter member of the Louisiana Mayhaw Association? You know way too much about them (the Mayhaws). And is that what we used to pick at Uncle Clarence's house?