Monday, November 10, 2008

This and that

Our street has been under construction for a while. Our half of the road is torn up now. We will finally be redoing our driveway in the next few weeks. We've been wanting to do that since we bought this house but have never been disciplined enough to save for it. We're going to be doubling it. This is a good time to do it because the price per square foot is less because of the whole street construction thing. As they're pouring the new road, they'll just take a little side trip and pour our new driveway. I've been thinking about getting out and taking some pictures of our street torn up. But who wants to see pictures of that? I've decided not to waste my time taking pictures of dirt and rubble. Maybe when the cement is wet we'll go out and put in our hand, foot, and butt prints. That might not be good for the resale value if ever we decide to sell. It will be nice to have a decent driveway and sidewalk. Since the duration of this road project we have realized that some of our neighbors are pretty much idiots.

I've been very busy lately with photography stuff. That's good and I'm glad but I feel like I'm working from the time I get up until I finally go to bed at 11:00 or 12:00. It's rare when I just sit down and do nothing anymore. I know after Christmas is over there will probably be a lull. Once I'm really in the groove with this thing and making some serious bank, I need to hire a house keeper...and a pool man.

Between Mikey and the dog, there is someone following me around and/or whining about something all day long. Okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. Sometimes they sleep.

Jackson has renounced toast. He claims that he never liked toast in the first place. Mikey has been on a crash diet the last couple of weeks. He doesn't appear to be loosing any weight. I think he has a stash of cookies in his room somewhere. I need to look into that.

I've encountered some potential clients lately who are pretty flaky. I'm glad they're flaking out on the front end before I spend hours of my life on them. I much prefer to weed out the flakes prior to photographing them. Post photography flakiness is one of my many pet peeves.

Phillip and I are planning a weekend getaway to Houston in the middle of December. I would like to do three nights but I don't know if we can afford that or get our parents to commit to three days of childcare. I'm still working out the details on that one.

I've been working on this post on and off since 6:20. Now I need to get my self in gear and get us ready for our day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Testing to see if my new password works.

Unknown said...

It worked! Now I just need to figure out how to change my name here to just marilyn. How do I do that?

Unknown said...

As far your get-away in Dec., remember that on Sun. the 14th, I'm going to Ed's, then I'm leaving on the 19th for Alabama. But I hope you and Phillip do get that get-away.
Mom