Saturday, November 15, 2008

What I've been up to

Today I'm photographing a wedding. I think it will be pretty fun. It's outdoors somewhere in Rosenberg. I'm really wishing I had a second camera to have with me today. I don't usually feel like I need a second camera but it would be nice today. I would probably use two cameras on an ordinary shoot if I had two cameras. I might need to think about investing in another camera body soon. We'll see.

For the month of November I have this wedding that I'm doing solo and I'm second shooting a wedding for a local photographer. Second shooting is a total breeze and it's decent money for the hours. I second shot for her in October and I wore heels like an idiot. I was dying after about 3 hours and we were there for about 6 or 7. I'm thinking weddings aren't really my thing. I've got the wedding today and one more in February. At this time I don't think I'll take anymore on. I love photographing kids and families. I don't love photographing weddings. I hope I can be picky enough to do what I love.

In addition to the wedding stuff, I have 12 family shoots in November. (Assuming a couple of them send me payment for their session fees.) I also did the College day care kids. This may not be a ton of stuff for some photographers but it's an insane amount of stuff for me. The shoots themselves aren't that big of a deal but the processing, ordering, packaging, delivering is pretty overwhelming. With working at the preschool MWF mornings and being a mom to two young kids, I feel like I'm working in some way or another constantly. I've extremely happy that I'm this busy with the business. This crazy busyness will probably only last two or three months during Oct-Dec. Then things will probably slow down for a while. I've decided not to work at a preschool next school year. It's just too much right now.

So that's what I've been doing and will be doing for the rest of November and into December. I want to get in here and blog sometimes but with other stuff piling up, I just can't. Last night I actually got about 8 hours of sleep. That hasn't happened in a while. So once I have several cups of coffee I'll feel ready to take on the day.

No comments: