Sunday, November 16, 2008

Too cold to live

It was so freezing yesterday at that wedding. It was outside at 3:00. We were on a little hill with no trees to block the wind. The weather made the whole thing quite miserable. The brides maids were wearing sleeveless dresses. There were little kids, babies, and elderly people out there. But we all toughed it out for them. It went pretty fast once the wedding actually started. I kind of forgot about the cold while I was shooting. The bride really wanted to do lots of shots outside at the wedding location. Thankfully she changed her mind. I've got one more wedding I'm doing solo in Feb. After that, I'm taking weddings off of my to-do list. It is not my thing.

I was supposed to do a family shoot this morning at Varner Hogg. The family has two young kids. We decided to postpone it until a couple of weeks from now. I just didn't think it was a good idea to shoot in like 40 or 50 degree weather, especially with kids. I don't think they were looking forward to freezing their butts off either.

I do not like cold weather at all. My hands and feet are cold almost all the time even when it's not cold. So when it's cold, they just get all numb and purple. Our house is pretty drafty. Anyway, I'm going to go get under a blanket and have some coffee. We'll be skipping church today because Jackson has been running a fever.

No comments: