Friday, September 09, 2005

Our own Kurumi

Last school year when I worked at St. Mark Lutheran Preschool I taught a little girl named Kurumi that had recently moved from Japan to the United States with her family. She's the cutest little thing and I talked about her all the time. She's just one of those (rare) kids that you want to bring home with you. Anyway, I realized today that she goes to preschool on the same days as Jackson and they play at the playground and Centers at the same time. I asked Jackson if he ever plays with her and he said that he does. This is how the rest of our conversation went:

Mom - I like Kurumi. She's pretty cute. I'd like to bring her home with me.
Jack - Can we?
M - No, she has a mommy and a daddy.
J - Well, can we get our own Kurumi?
M - (Laughing) Maybe, we'll have to see about that.
J - I want to get a boy Kurumi.

Isn't that sweet? I got misty eyed when he said that.

4 comments:

Jenny Hintze said...

My very first Spam! How fantastic!

Phillip Hintze said...

It's a special time. I'm excited for you.

mindy said...

aww...that is pretty cute. Kurumi is adorable - I miss her little smiles.

Maury said...

Hey, you never know when you're going to need to sell your cabinet hardware, so you may not want to delete that post.