Friday, July 20, 2007

CPS Clothing Voucher

A couple of times per year, foster families receive clothing vouchers from the state to purchase clothes for their foster kids. We've only been foster parents for 6 months, so I'm not sure, but I think you get two per year per kid. Anyway, we got our voucher today for Mikey. The vouchers that we have received have to be used at JCPenney. And JCPenney is having a huge sale right now....I think they have huge sales every other day. So, I just came home with a boatload of clothes for that little kid. I added up the retail price of the clothes and it came to a whopping $223.00. But after all the discounts, it came to $91.00. That's 1 buck over what the state paid for. So, for $1, we now have little boy clothes size 12-24 months coming out of our ears. Just because I know you're dying to know what all I bought, here's a list:
  • 4 onesies
  • 3 t-shirts
  • 4 pairs of shorts
  • 2 pairs of pants
  • 4 polo style shirts
  • 3 creepers
  • 1 jacket
  • 1 pair of pajamas
It is so much more fun to buy lots of stuff if you don't have to pay for it. Once he's adopted all that will end so I better enjoy it now. At least that's one good thing about him being a foster child. But I think knowing he's mine forever will be much sweeter than all these free clothes.

2 comments:

Maury said...

Am I the only one that had "Creature core you can't ignore, I got a 5000 fingers of dead yeah" pop in their head when they read this?

Jim? Can I have a witness?


But seriously, that's a freakin good deal. Baby clothes only fit for what, like a week, then they're too small? It's cool to be able to get good stuff for not a load of dough.

Jim Looby said...

How about "Dig through the ditches and burn through my britches?" I liked your version better.

I think of it every time I change a diaper. You should feel proud!

Anyway, awesome deal on the clothing. That's amazing, actually. Better than a Ross.