Sunday, July 22, 2007

Fortune?

I got a fortune cookie this evening and this is what the fortune says:

"When the moment comes, take the last one from the left."

What the heck does that mean? Like take the last one on the left? Can't these people be a little more specific about this stuff. I mean, I could very likely miss this moment...whatever it is...just because I can't follow these ridiculous instructions.

Phillip got a fortune years ago that said "You will get some new clothes." Well, duh. That's a given.

I think I would like to be a fortune cookie writer when I grow up. It would be fun to write some wacky stuff just to mess with people. Like....

  • Follow someone else's dreams. Their dreams are probably better than yours.
  • Smile at a stranger. Then when they turn the corner bust out laughing.
  • A surprise awaits you on Tuesday, noon at Wal-Mart.
  • You just ate a cat.

10 comments:

Jim Looby said...

That last one made me laugh out loud.

How about, "Don't chase your dreams. Find out where they are going and hook up with them later."

Unknown said...

Obviously, there will be a moment when you will have a choice of several things to take. Just follow those instructions, whatever you do.

Unknown said...

Jenny, the last one FROM the left is not the same as the last one ON the left.

Meredith Garmon said...

I got the same fortune. https://www.instagram.com/p/BUA15U2AykC/?taken-by=garmonsm&hl=en

Unknown said...

I got this one in high school... It kinda weirded me out, after that i had like 2 weeks of bad luck and grew convinced the Chinese restaurant had cursed be because when i got it i had accidentally kinda pissed off the waitress. I ended up "breaking the curse" by following the instructions in a tense exchange that ended up with me breaking up with my girlfriend at the time. I'm glad you got one too because it means it was just circumstance and not a terrible supernatural experience.

Rachel in VA said...

Got this same fortune in January 2020!

MarkialG said...

I revived the same one January 2021 You would think the quote would be retired by now

MarkialG said...

I got the same one January 2021

MarkialG said...

I got the same one January 2021

Apsen Hogge said...

I got the same thing 2024, super confused though. Holding on to it until I know what it means.