Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Just stuff

Phillip and I are running away this weekend. I wish it was today. I'm ready to go right now. We're just going to Houston Friday afternoon and coming home (maybe) Sunday afternoon. We'll be doing some Christmas shopping, eating, relaxing, and other stuff. I got a cheap hotel on priceline several weeks ago. It's a 4 star in a junkie neighborhood. Hopefully we don't get mugged or whatever.

Our driveway is done and it's so nice to have not only a driveway but a double driveway at that. This feels like such a luxury to us right now now. Weird. We're going to look into getting the house painted soon. I'll probably call a few people out for estimates once the Christmas craziness is over. We need to get some rotting boards replaced before the painting happens. I told Jackson we might be getting the house painted and asked him if he had any suggestions about the color. Without skipping a beat, he said, "Maybe palm tree green. Like the leaves of the palm tree, not the stem." I'll have to see if they have that color at Lowes.

Last night I totally freaked Jackson out. We were driving home from Philllip's parents house at about 8:30 and I told Jackson I was really tired. I told him that I thought I would just take a nap. I started fake snoring while I was driving. At first he was laughing and thought it was a joke. But then he started to get a little worried and started telling me to wake up. I ignored him and kept snoring. This went on until he finally screamed in terror for me to WAKE UP!!! Oh man, it was really funny.

We still have no Christmas decorations up. I've been too busy to push the issue and Phillip is kind of a scrooge. He will be getting the stuff down on Thursday. We'll see how that goes with Mikey. We kind of need a new tree anyway.

No comments: