Sunday, February 01, 2009

New lens at the park

I got a new lens a few weeks ago. I've used it on a few shoots and I love it! But I haven't really used it a whole lot in no pressure situations. Also, I've been practicing more with using my flash outside for fill. I still need to work on it much more, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I still certainly prefer shooting in shade. I have been shooting in fully manual mode on my camera for several months now and can't imagine going back to AV. I love having so much control over my shots. Anyway, enough camera blah, blah, blah....here are some pictures of the boys. We went to the park earlier today.

Because I don't want to give captions on each picture, here's the lowdown:
- Mikey eats dirt. I don't really care that he eats dirt.
- Jackson did not want to be photographed and that's why there are so many more pictures of Mikey.
- Mikey found a cat and I'm not quite sure what's he's telling him in the picture of the two of them walking away. Maybe he's telling him our address. That would be cool. I like that cat.
- Mikey needs a haircut. Bad.
- I don't know why my boys wear their hats like that. We didn't teach them to do that.
- The black & white picture is not "technically" a very good picture. But I like it anyway. Sometimes pictures that aren't very good look better in black & white. I don't know why that is. Maybe that's just my opinion.
-These pictures are in complete backward chronological order. So, if you want to see them in the order they actually happened, start at the bottom.




























2 comments:

debbie said...

These are funny. Mikey is really talking to that cat, isn't he, using that finger too. Jackson still looks puny though.

Beej said...

I started at the bottom...just sayin'.

I send my children outside once a quarter to eat dirt. My theory is that people who are too germ free get sick too easily. So I figure you should eat some dirt once in a while to build up the immune system. Cleanliness is only next to Godliness because you die faster. (maybe)