Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Random

We joined some Disney movie club thing and got like 6 Disney DVDs for about 20 bucks. Jackson is excited.

I now have 2 pez dispensers to decorate my camera with - Donkey (from Shrek) a that chef guy (from Ratatouille). I need to get some other ones.

Mikey is fascinated with birth marks. He discovered his own in the bathtub the other day. He has a mark about the size of a man's thumbprint on his upper right thigh. When he realized it was there he was trying to peel it off like a sticker or rub it off. I showed him my birthmark, a gross black mole thing about 4 inches above my belly button. We also showed him that Phillip has a birthmark on his ankle and Jackson has one on the left side of his jaw. Mikey just thought all of that was so cool. So if you want to show Mikey your birthmark or "spot" as we call it, then go ahead as long as it's not in a place that shouldn't be shown to a toddler. He'll be pretty impressed. Promise.

I'm blogging because I don't want to edit wedding pictures. I have narrowed it down to 270 images and am almost done with my initial editing in Aperture. Once that's done, I'll have a good 3-5 hours of editing to go. I have to finish these and proofs from three other shoots by the end of this weekend. I need to stop procrastinating.

I'm putting my Canon 28-70 f/2.8 L lens on ebay tonight. Which reminds me, I need to take pictures of that lens. Be right back.....
Okay, that was fun. I really needed this lens to take pictures of this lens. Our house is a little too small to get far enough away from it with my 70-200. We have a puzzle in our house that is light activated. So with every flash of the camera, I heard a rooster. I really hate to part with this lens. Even now, I'm having second thoughts about putting it on ebay. But I really don't need it. Once I get the lens I just ordered, a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 and the Canon 24-205 f/4, I'll have pretty much all the focal ranges that I need covered. I need the money from this lens to buy another flash and a few other doodads that I need for a wedding in May. And this lens is dang heavy. But I REALLY hate to sell this lens. The majority of the pictures I have taken in the last year (?) have been taken with this lens. Dear Lord, is there another way?? The new version of this lens sells new for about $1,200. I'm hoping to get $650-$750 for this one. It's probably about 10 years old but still in great condition. Here's a picture. Sexy, huh? Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow to put it on.....


I had a nightmare (during a nap today) that someone broke in and stole my computer and replaced it withe the horrible piece of junk we had before we went Mac. I woke up terrified and in a cold sweat.

The repair and painting of our house should begin soon. Phillip is going to need to call those guys tomorrow and find out for sure when they're starting. I'm having a hard time deciding on paint color. I'm thinking kind of a light khaki for the main color and a dark green and a dark red for trim stuff. Our house will look like Christmas. I like Christmas.

Jackson has had kind of a rotten attitude with me lately. He's beginning to act like a teenager. He disagrees with everything I say. It's like I'm his arch enemy. It's really getting on my nerves. I think all the time I spend on the computer working on stuff is starting to get to him. Which is why I should stop farting around and get to work.

Mikey is fascinated with and allergic to ants. Have I written this here before? I think maybe I have. I need some new material. He very intentionally sat in a huge ant bed yesterday. I was right there thankfully. I'm not going to survive that kid.

No comments: