Saturday, October 22, 2005

Worship Leading??

I'm kind of leading worship at BPF this weekend because Kristin is out of town. I'm glad to have the opportunity to do it but it's pretty stressful. The Saturday night service went pretty good considering we were messing up like crazy in sound check and Phillip broke a string and I didn't know about a video I was supposed to leave room for.

Phillip and I picked the music and we chose some things that had not been done in a while...a long while. And in hindsight, I realize that we probably should have chosen a couple that were a bit more familiar to the band. I didn't realize it until practice Thursday that Maury had never even played acoustic on any of these before. Oops, sorry Maury. The BPF band is made up of stellar musicians, but it's not too cool to dump a ton of new stuff on them in one week.

Anyway, we have two services tomorrow to do and a ladies' Christmas shindig to sing for tomorrow afternoon. This has been fun and all but I think after this weekend is over, I'll have gotten my singing fix and be content to sit back and chill for a while. Being able to sing and being able to effectively lead a group of people in worship are two very different things. And I'm just not sure if I'm cut out for the latter.

2 comments:

Maury said...

Don't sweat it, Jenny — I've been thrown into much more "unknown" musical situations before. Last night, while we had some bumps, went over just fine by and large form what I heard from various people (including my nitpicky wife).

As for taking a break form singing, one of the things I mentioned to Kristin was to start doing "specials" every few months so good singers like yourself could do a song to "spice things up" a bit. If we did that, you wouldn't get stressed over doing this all the time and we'd still get have you sing with us every once in a while. You've got a great voice so we need to be sure we keep taking advantage of it!

=)

Maury said...

kant tyipe, two erlie, bda mygrain.

/form = from