Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Cheap Soup

Since I was a kid I've liked Campbell's Cream of Potato, Tomato, and even Cream of Chicken Soups. I like them less now than I did when I was younger but I still think they're just fine for a quick lunch. At H.E.B. a few days ago I noticed some new soup flavors that Campbell's has to offer. I picked up a can of Creamy Chicken Verde and thought I would try it. I wasn't expecting it to be very good but I wanted to taste it anyway to see if it would be worth using to cook with. And much to my surprise, it was quite good. I added some cheese and a little cilantro and ate it with crackers. I certainly wouldn't compare it to real soup that you would get at a restaurant or anything. But for $1.00, I think it's totally worth it. And it would probably be very good to cook with.


5 comments:

Jim Looby said...

I loves me some cheap soup.

Have you tried their Select soups (in the impossible to open without a knife box)? The Black Bean with Roasted Red Pepper is like crack.

Maury said...

But why is the chicken green? More pressing, maybe, is why is it creamy?!?

mindy said...

are you getting paid for this?
i'd look into it.

debbie said...

The Mexican Style Chicken Tortilla in the Selects is fantastic too. I eat it a lot for lunch.

Chuchey Dradey said...

Don't try their new Butternut Squash, it sucks! I recommend "Pacific" Organic Butternut Squash... It Rocks! I got it at Target.