Sunday, January 29, 2006

Idiot

Just as Jackson was finishing up his lunch (finally), he decided to call me an idiot. He didn't want to take a bite of his pineapples like I suggested and he very quitely said, "You're an idiot." I took him in his room and asked him to tell me what he just said. And he said that he didn't remember a couple of times. Then he picked up a pencil from his dresser and said, "I said that this pencil is great." Anyway, he finally admited that he did indeed call me an idiot and he got a nice little spanking.

I would like to believe that he's never heard that word from either of his parents, but I'm not sure that's the case. Phillip and I do say that on occasion, but not in front of Jack (or so I thought).

Phillip and I both thought the pencil comment was particularly clever of him. I didn't laugh when he said it but Phillip and I both laughed about it afterward.

He can think that I'm an idiot all he wants, but he better not ever say it to my face again.

13 comments:

Maury said...

That pencil comment was spectacular — it impresses even me. Maybe he heard you talking about Donnie's comment on your last post?

/couldn't resist

Jim Looby said...

That was a textbook "redirect." I smell an attorney in the making.

Chuchey Dradey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chuchey Dradey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chuchey Dradey said...

PS. Your son is obviously a smart little man.

Jim Looby said...

Holy jeez.

Maury said...

One of these days, Donnie will quit deletng the posts he makes.

Phillip Hintze said...

I keep hoping that if we ignore him, he'll go away.

;)

Chuchey Dradey said...

Yep, one of these days I will learn to use to preview button before I publish... I have a fear of the grammar/spelling cops out there.

Jim Looby said...

Or the crossing-the-line-with-subject-matter cops.

Jenny Hintze said...

It's ok Donnie. You can post all the retarded comments on my blog that you want to. :)

Chuchey Dradey said...

Thanks Jenny. I hope you all know that I am not really a stupid retarded idiot. I just like to see what kind of reaction I can get sometimes.... Sometimes I get more than I bargain for.

Maury said...

Time and place is the thing, Donnie, time and place.

A line there is, everywhere — learn when to cross it not, one must.