Saturday, January 07, 2006

Picking up Forks

As Phillip said on his blog, last night some unnamed assailants forked our yard and wrapped our car with saran wrap. I deserved it, I suppose. Anyway, it was an amusing ending to a pretty crappy day. But today, Jack got out there and picked most of them up. He thought it was pretty cool. And if you ask him what we're going to do with the forks, he'll tell you that we're going to put them in somebody else's yard. He's not really sick anymore, by the way. I wouldn't have made him do that if he was. When we were almost done, one of the guilty forkers came and helped us pick the rest of them up.







The mailman was kind of confused by the whole thing.



They even stuck one right in the middle of an ant pile.

16 comments:

Chuchey Dradey said...

Ahh... Karma

Jenny Hintze said...

Yeah, because you were home recuperating.

Chuchey Dradey said...

By the way, isn't your son to young to know about forking?

Jenny Hintze said...

perv

beth hintze said...

This whole little 'story arc' has been fun to watch! I was wondering when you were gonna get your comeuppance! Sounds like y'all are doing a great job of keeping it exciting over in rockin' Clute! :)

Chuchey Dradey said...

Why does everone think I am a pervert! The article was talking about forking and your son was walking around with forks.... geez. My mom would kill me if I was forking at his age. Pervert? Whatcha mean pervert?

Amy said...

I don't understand what that green stuff is all over your yard. Have you actually had rain down there?

Jenny Hintze said...

It's not an article, pervert. It's a post.

Jenny Hintze said...

And, Beth. This is not Clute. This is Lake Jackson. Two very different places and neither one is exciting at all. But we do have grass.

Not the kind you're thinking, SnoopDon.

Chuchey Dradey said...

Thanks for teaching me blogonics.
Never tried the green stuff by the way....

beth hintze said...

Sorry Jenny. My mistake. I knew Phillip was teaching at B'port, so I guess I just had 'Clute' on the brain!

Phillip Hintze said...

Actually, I'm teaching at B'wood. B'port is in Freeport.

Maury said...

Beth never really can win for losing, can she?

Jim Looby said...

Wow. Buncha responses here. I just wanted to pass on a high five to Jackson for sweet Larry t-shirt. Cool.

Phillip Hintze said...

He also has a matching Bob tee.

Oh yeah, Beth gets nailed for everything. Nothing slides.

Jim Looby said...

Jenny, didn't you make a comment about Phillip being a "nice, respectable man"? What's with all the forking? Seriously. It starts with disposable utensils in the yard. Next thing you know, TVs off the roof...