Friday, October 05, 2007

Reading Acts

This week I started reading the book of Acts. There's some crazy stuff in there. I honestly don't know if I've ever read much of that book before. Most of it so far sounds vaguely familiar but that's about it. Really, I haven't ever taken the time to read much of the New Testament. I've read lots of bits and pieces here and there, but never in such a way to get "the big picture." The Old Testament has always interested me more. Anyway, it just kind of occurred to me lately that I need to educate myself more on Jesus' life. I know the main stuff about his life and what he did. But I don't know much about the people he entrusted his ministry to. And I don't have a decent grasp of the chronology of all that stuff. So, that's my plan for the next few months or whatever. To really read and hopefully remember some of that stuff. You just never know when an opportunity might arise to impress someone with your Biblical knowledge. For those few readers who don't get jokes, that was a joke.

No comments: