Friday, October 05, 2007

Things that make me feel happy

I saw a woman on a t.v. show recommending that you take note of the things every day that bring happiness to your life. I don't really see myself starting a "happiness journal" and jotting something down every day. But just because, I thought I would list some things that regularly bring me happiness. A lot of times I'm too busy or distracted to take notice of these things. Maybe writing some things down will help me to pay more attention.

  • The smell of my kids' hair, whether clean or dirty
  • Our old creaky wood floors
  • Snuggling up with a fleece blanket when my feet are cold...and my feet are always cold
  • How Phillip's hands are somehow always warm regardless of the temperature in the room
  • Watching my kids sleep
  • My bed (daily statement: "I love Bed.")
  • Reading a book while dirty dishes are in the sink (and not feeling guilty about it)
  • Coffee, anytime, anywhere, hot, cold, frozen, just not black
  • Watching Phillip play with the kids
  • Honest conversation
  • Getting a new haircut, which I really need to do by the way
  • Singing in the car and not caring who sees me
  • Trying to take a cute picture of a baby who never stops moving

2 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

This is nice. Maybe I'll do a little post about a few things that make me happy. I also love the smell of my children's hair. Something about them smiling at me makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside too.

Maury said...

Red Plum jam makes me happy.

And Cheetos — I love Cheetos.