Thursday, December 01, 2005

Snakes and Strangers

The other night at dinner we had a very important discussion with Jackson about the dangers of snakes. Then I figured since we were on the subject of being careful, I'd go into the stranger talk as well. Jackson stated mind blowing comments such as, "Do nice snakes talk?", "Can we get a snake?", "There are strangers on Toy Story." (he was confusing the word stranger with the word soldier). "I would beat a stranger up." There were other things he said that were pretty funny. I can't remember them now. I think he understands not to touch a snake and to go get a grown up if you see one. But I'm not sure he gets the whole stranger thing. We'll address it again in a few months.

(Where in the world is my time and date thing?)

3 comments:

Maury said...

I used to have snakes. Both were Ball Pythons. I gave one away and took the other one to college where I eventually gave it away.

They were pretty cool, but they stank like monkeys.

I also had a Copperhead once (for a few months), but don't tell my Mom or she'll kill me.

=)

Amy said...

Kids say cool things.

At Thanksgiving my nephew was asking my mom for popcorn. She asked him "What's the magic word?"

The little smart mouth replied "Abracadabra"

He got the popcorn.

He also refers to the book his sister likes to write in as her "diarreah" and his walkie-talkies as "honky tonkies"

Jim Looby said...

Okay, but what if Jackson finds a snake and there is only a stranger nearby?

That's a dilemma. And Maury's snakes stank like a barrel of monkeys. Dead ones.