Thursday, April 20, 2006

Behold the Power....

I love cheese. I love food with cheese in it. I love cheetos. I even like velveeta (cheese product) with rotel and chips. Cheddar, Ricotta, Feta, Parmesan, all quite nice. Cheesy food is good and I certainly enjoy it.

But the thing about cheese it that you can sometimes go overboard with it. One time I made pork chops stuffed with cheese, peppers, and bread crumbs. It was a great recipe. I decided that you can never have too much cheese in something so I put more cheese in the pork chops than it called for. The cheese made the stuffing too soft and melty and it didn't stay in the pork chops. It melted out everywhere ruining my pork chops and really messing up my pan. It was a disaster. It was such a disaster that I haven't wanted to try that recipe again even though the recipe itself is fine, it is what I did to it that made it fail miserably.

Too much cheese can ruin an otherwise good thing. Beware of the power of cheese.

5 comments:

Jim Looby said...

TMI: Once, when trying desperately not to embarrass myself in a busy public restroom, made a very unfortunate noise. Me being me, I followed in my best radio announcer voice, "Behold! The power of cheese!" Laughter ensued, which seemed to drop the awkward social tension a few notches.

Jim Looby said...

I'm actually eating string cheese as I write this. How interesting (in a really bored kind of way).

Maury said...

So has anyone put 2 and 2 together?

Phillip Hintze said...

Best. Post. Ever.

Jenny Hintze said...

Gee, Phillip, thanks. I had no idea that you felt so strongly about cheese. It's amazing how you can continue to learn things about people that you've known for years.