Tuesday, April 04, 2006

That's messed up

Well, Easter is coming up so Phillip and I went to Target last night to get some stuff for Jackson's Easter basket. And lo and behold, we found a Star Wars Easter Egg Decorating Kit. And so we thought there couldn't be a better way to celebrate Jesus' resurrection than to hard boil and color eggs and then cover them with Star Wars stickers. I'm not quite sure how Easter turned into a time to lie to our kids about some imaginary bunny coming and hiding eggs in our yards and leaving baskets of presents and candy. And now it has been taken to a new level. But, hey, we thought it was cool, so we bought it.

Along the same lines, Jackson's Easter basket is in the shape of Spiderman's (severed?) head with a handle. Cool huh?

Check out the Yoda egg picture. Just weird, that's all.





9 comments:

Jim Looby said...

I have absolutely no comment for that...

/or do I?

Maury said...

That Yoda's pretty messed up.

Phillip Hintze said...

Too big, his head is.

Chuchey Dradey said...

If you research the history of Easter, you will probably find that much of what we do, eggs and bunnies and even the name Easter is rooted in paganism and adopted by our Catholic brothers many centuries ago to celebrate the Resurrection along with this pagan festival of new life in the spring..... Go ahead, research it and have fun. Tell me where I am wrong so I can poop on other people's party. But, If you find that what I say is true, don't go crazy and scramble your Easter eggs. Symbols are what we make of them and only have as much power as we give them anyway.

After you are done with Easter, explore the various origins of the Christmas Tree. That will be lots of fun too.

Jenny Hintze said...

Nah, don't care enough.

I have no plans on cutting Chritmas trees, Easter bunnies, jack o' lanterns and the like out of our lives...pagan or not.

Maury said...

Donald, calm down man.

What I really want is a bunny decorated with a pine tree, shoved in a pumpkin, then stuffed up the butt of a turkey.

Now that's a holiday treat.

I guess you could whack it with a pole for all the Festivus practitioners.

Amy said...

I'm just glad my husband hasn't rushed out to get that yet.

I think the box with a million Darth Maul figurines has room in it.

Chuchey Dradey said...

Yeah, I still have trees and will be helping out with the church Easter egg hunt... but, thought you would like to know.

Chuchey Dradey said...

One more thing.... If you hear of churches calling Easter "Resurrection Sunday" instead, you now know why.