Saturday, April 22, 2006

Book Deal? Most Likely Not

I have been writing a lot over the last couple of years. I've been writing on this blog, in various journals, and just for the heck of it. Writing helps me to organize my thoughts. It also forces me to open up about things I don't always talk about. Anyway, I've thought for some time about trying my hand at writing a book or something. I've had some encouragement about my writing from various people. I'm seriously NOT fishing for compliments here, just saying what I'm thinking about. So anyway, I began the other night what I hope will become something worth reading. I'm not exactly sure where it will go but I have some ideas. I may post some of the stuff I'm working on sometime. It sounds kind of ridiculous to say, "I'm writing a book." I'm not expecting anything to come of it. But I think if nothing else, it will be good for me to write through some stuff.

FYI: I'm not always good at following through with things. Here are some examples of some other things I have tried and eventually quit doing.
1. playing guitar
2. whittling wood (I have a whittling set and books on whittling)
3. running
4. walking
5. learning Spanish
6. harmonica??
7. being stylish

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are many more.

9 comments:

Lizanne said...

Are you accepting bids for the whittling set? Christian would love it! ALso I don't think you gave up being stylish! :-)

Jenny Hintze said...

Honey, you can have the whittling set.

Jim Looby said...

That's interesting. I've often thought about writing a book. But I've also thought about being an astronaut... neither seem likely.

Maury said...

I've always thought about being Batman.

I've also thought about being the Commander of an M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank.

That would be sweet.

Jenny Hintze said...

Ok, so what you're saying is that it's just as likely that you'll become Batman or an Astronaut as it is that I'll write a book? Well, that's encouraging.

Jim Looby said...

I am Batman. Yo mama's an astronaut.

beth hintze said...

I've said for a while now that I'd like to write a book! I have no idea what it would be about, but I already have a title: Waxing Gibbous. It's a lunar phase in which the moon is more than half but less than fully illuminated. I heard it on the weather channel one night and thought it would be a cool title for a book! I think it's best to start with an ambiguous title and work my way up from there! ha!

Jenny Hintze said...

Sounds good. I think I shall steal it.

beth hintze said...

hmmmm...exactly what sort of deal are you willing to make? My standard rate for ambiguous titles is 50%! You may think that pricey for two little words, but otherwise it would just be "that book by Jenny er, what's her last name? Hintz?" ;) haha!