Monday, April 10, 2006

I don't know anything about Sandy Patti or the Supremes

Let me explain a little so you'll have some idea where the following conversation came from. I had the pleasure of hearing Sandy Patti sing at the Women of Faith Conference. Not a fan. She sang "Ain't No Mountain High Enough."

Ok, so when I got home I told Phillip that Sandy Patti, who used to be a Supreme (?) was at the Conference. While laughing, Phillip, who is apparently an expert on Sandy Patti and The Supremes, told me that Sandy Patti was not a Supreme and that all of the Supremes were black. Well, excuse me. How was I to know?

Sandy Patti and her husband, Don Patti, later sang a duet that made me want to barf. I really can't even tell you what song it was. They were swapping back and forth between English and Latin (I think) while staring lovingly into each other's eyes. GAG! I thought they were going to start making out on the stage. When it was over, one of the Women of Faith said, "That was a moment." You got that right! I had to keep myself from laughing out loud during the song, but when she said that whole "moment" thing I just couldn't help myself anymore. Call me immature or whatever. I don't care.

The whole thing was about contagious joy and I found a joyful moment by laughing at the Pattis (Patties?).

7 comments:

Tommy said...

Surely, God isn't big enough to use someone as silly as Sandi Patti to create a spiritual moment.

Sandy Patti got a divorce and has remarried and her name has never changed so I assume her husband is not "Mr. Patti".

BTW - I do not listen to that style of music either.

Jenny Hintze said...

I know he's really not Don Patti. Just thought it was funny.

And actually it's SandI PattY. I spelled it wrong before. And they were singing Italian, not Latin.

Jenny Hintze said...

And God is certainly BIG enough to use even Sandi Patty to speak to people.

Sandi Patty came up with the whole "pop up pain" thing I talked about in a previous post. But I'd rather eat liver and onions than have to listen to her sing again.

Jim Looby said...

"Sandy Patty" sounds like a burger dropped on the beach.

Tommy said...

I like liver and onions ...

They're just not all that good for you.

Chuchey Dradey said...

Remembering her singing will be pop up pain for you too... Huh?

Lizanne said...

Still thinking about the whole shirt thing-HaHa!