Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Chosen One

My Star Wars fanatic son has decided that I am "The Chosen One" to change the baby's diapers. I was cooking last night so Phillip had to stop playing with Jackson to change a dirty diaper. Jackson said that was my job, not Daddy's because I am "The Chosen One." Pretty clever....and annoying, I thought.

On a somewhat related note, the little guy slept five hours in a row last night. Sweet! I told Phillip if he keeps doing this, he can definitely stay.

4 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

Yeah, I'm also "the chosen one" around here. Although Jim does help with changing diapers on weekends and evenings when he's home. He just doesn't like the "dirty" ones, doesn't mind the wet ones.

It's so cute that Jackson didn't want his daddy-time taken away for a diaper though. That's so sweet!

gale said...

Hmmmm. that sounds like a title donald would come up with. Anytime you get tired of changing diapers, send him down here to me. I'd be happy to.

Amy said...

I guess I'm really lucky. Jim knows that I gag with the really messy ones (or the ones where he isn't done while we're changing) so he takes most of those. Luckily the sitter gets the majority of those at her house!

The Kevster said...

That is so funny. I remember when we visited a couple of Christmases ago Jackson scribbled his entire Etch-a-Sketch black and said "Look it's the Dark Side!". I still laugh when I think about that. My kid better be that cool someday.