Saturday, January 06, 2007

Saxophone update

I'm sure you all must be wondering what's going on with the vintage sax I bought a couple of months ago. Well, I'm wondering myself. The good folks at B&H told me it would be finished by the end of November. By the second week in December it still was not done. At that time he told me it should be finished later that day. I called back after Christmas and it was still not done. Should be early next week. Still not done. I guess I'll call next week and see if it's finished yet. I'm sure I'll end up having to be nasty and wretched before he gets around to getting it put back together.

I made the mistake of telling the repairman that I was going to try to turn it around on ebay so he knows I'm not in a big hurry to get it back and play it. But I am in a hurry to get it back and sell it. If I get enough for it, I think I'm going to buy a Digital SLR to fool around with. I think I would get more use out of that than a saxophone. Maybe someday I'll get another one. I miss playing but there's only so much you can do with a tenor saxophone unless you're in a band or something regularly. And I don't have time for that.

2 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

We walked over to B&H today so my husband could look at guitar stuff. He's been wanting one lately and checking them out online. He says everything in that store is double the price of everyhing he's seen on Musician's Friend and Guitar Center, so he's opting to buy online or go to the Guitar Center in Houston instead.

I have to tell you, seeing a few of the instruments there reminded me of high school band. I was a band nerd and marched mellophone, played French horn in concert band, trumpet and vibrophone in jazz bands, and I took piano lessons as a child. I think I want a keyboard now. Music never leaves the soul, does it?

I hope you get your sax back soon so you can turn a profit. Good luck with your eBay sale!

mindy said...

good luck!

i just did a website & bought a canon digital slr with the $ and it's awesome! i love it. you can really manipulate it like a 35mm. i got a Canon so I can use the same lenses as my 35mm.