Tuesday, January 23, 2007

No time to blog

I just really haven't had the time lately to write anything new. Things are going pretty good, but I'm just really busy. M. wants to be held a lot of the time. He's been a little more irritable the last few days. I feel like Jackson is not getting enough time with me. I guess that's how it is for all moms with new babies. Anyway, I think the first six weeks will end up being kind of a blur for all of us. I have no earthly idea how mothers of toddlers handle a new baby. Jackson is 4 1/2 and a big help and it's still hard having two kids. I can't imagine having three kids under five and we know lots of people who have done it. Either they are superheros or just flat insane. Not sure which.

Some of you have asked if we need anything. Honestly, we've got just about everything we could possibly need right now. Lots of clothes, diapers, wipes, soap, etc. I think if we're able to adopt this guy, then we'll probably have some kind of shower/adoption celebration thing. Well, I gotta try to get myself somewhat presentable while M. is content in the swing....it won't last long. Thanks for your interest and prayers.

2 comments:

Jim Looby said...

I understand about your being busy! Sometimes I can't believe how fast the three hours between feedings seem to go!

Regarding dyscalculia -- I recommend looking at the www.dyscalculia.org or the link I was given to www.dyscalculiaforum.com. I've found both to be useful in understanding the phenomenon. But your "math retarded" comment sounds awfully familiar. =)

Mad Housewife said...

No, we're not Supermoms. Sometimes I honestly believe I'm insane or that my children will drive me bonkers if they don't just take a nap so I can hear myself think. Ha! Ha!

There are many things you can do with Jakson while having to hold the baby... Reading a children's story, watching a Disney movie, you can watch Jackson play outside (if our rain ever lets up) while having the baby in a carrier or stroller, etc. Put the swing in whatever room Jackson is playing in so the baby can be entertained while you play with Jackson.

One thing I found means a lot to the older child... Get your husband to watch the baby for an hour while you take Jackson out for ice cream or shopping or a kiddie movie at the theater for some mother/son quality time. And you watch the baby so your husband can do the same for Jackson. It will make him feel extra special if he gets a treat for being so accepting and sweet. The ice cream thing always makes children feel good.