Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Why private?

Well, I found out today that my father and his wife found mine and Phillip's blogs. I'm not going to get into any details, except that we do not have a relationship with them and they don't need to know what's going on in our lives. Not to be tacky, but they would not have had the brains to google us and find our blogs if they had not had help from someone a little more computer savvy. I knew I was taking a risk by posting under my real name, but I really wasn't expecting them to ever find it. I'm just glad I found out. So, I was faced with either deleting all of my posts and living a blog free life or just making it private. I know it's a pain to have to log in. And for all of your google reader people, you won't be able to find us there anymore. Sorry about that. But for Jackson's safety and my sanity, those people just can't be allowed to read it anymore. So, if you know of anyone who did not get an invitation, they just need to get in touch with me and I'll send them one. Thanks for sticking with me.

7 comments:

Maury said...

That sucks. Glad you found out, though.

praynlady said...

Hey gal, not sure what all that means but I will pray that all works out the way you hope! I need to get with you about some family pics. Need them pretty quick and you were the first one I thought of. I talked to Andrea the other day and she said you were still taking pics so call me when you get a free minute and that way I won't bother you while you're busy!
Blessings and grace,
Colleen

Mad Housewife said...

My husband has a family member or two (or ten) who I really don't want reading my blog simply because they don't know what a blog is. Meaning, it is a journal, just online for everyone to read, but it is MY opinions, MY thoughts, MY life, and they should keep their noses where they belong and not harass me. I've never been good enough for them, but that's a whole other story.

I've deleted blogs and started over and whatnot a few times because they found it and got all bent out of shape at some of my posts. Example: My daughter's first birthday--Someone read my post about it and got all crabby because they weren't invited to the party. I never even sent out invitations, I just told a few people to tell whoever they could think of to drop by and eat cake with us. But I was the one who got in trouble and was put down because of it. I have learned not to use the "spread the word" style of communication and make sure to just not send out invitations to anyone for anything--Ha! Ha!

I hope you don't ever quit blogging. I love reading your stories of Jackson and seeing your wonderful photography. Seriously, you should get some really cool photography gear and start a business from your home. You're so talented at capturing great poses. You've inspired me to take more pictures of my kids. Of course, this only gives me another excuse to spend money...on photo albums and picture frames!

Mad Housewife said...

That's weird, I show up as my user name instead of my name... That last comment was from Leslie, by the way. It probably did that because I had to create a Google account, and I haven't switched my blog to that Beta thing.

Jim Looby said...

I just figured you got tired of Mr. Know-It-All's comments.

:)

Jenny Hintze said...

Nah, Mr. Know-It-All occasionally has some useful information.

Amy said...

I'm sorry you had to do it, but thanks for letting me continnue to play.