Thursday, August 30, 2007

Checker at Kroger

There's this checker at Kroger I try to avoid if possible. She was our neighbor when I was a little kid and she feels the need to talk to me about her family and my family ever time I see her. Not that I mind a little friendly chit-chat, but the annoying thing is that she doesn't seem to remember anything I told her the last time we talked. Every time I go through her line she asks how my mom is doing. I tell her that she's fine. She always asks me if my mom is still living in Angleton. I tell her that she lives in West Columbia. My mom has never lived in Angleton as far as I know. I just saw this woman about two or three weeks ago and Mikey was with me. I told her a little about him at that time, just that he was a foster placement right now and that we're hoping to adopt him in a few months. I went trough her line today and she said, "Oh, you got a new one. I haven't seen you in such a long time. I didn't know you had another baby." I just smiled and said, "yep." Like what's the point of retelling the same story every time I see her. Is she just getting old? Has she had brain trauma? Does she just really not care enough to remember anything I told her last time? If that's the case, why does she always ask the same questions? Just annoying.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Give her a break, Jenny. She does me the same way, although I don't see her very often, since I live in West Columbia (not Angleton). The people who annoy me are the ones who barely speak, because they are tired and have a bad attitude. We are all tired.

Unknown said...

Ok, which checker are you talking about? There are several that are very annoying. Also, a couple of sackers now that I think about it.

Mad Housewife said...

I just don't like Kroger. Period. I mean, I go there for a few items since it's the nearest grocery store. But I refuse to buy my meat in a store where the meat department smells of dead animals. I mean, it smells like roadkill back there in that meat department. And all their meat is always dripping in animal blood with flies swarming. Gross!

That's my two cents on Kroger.