Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Wreckless

Mikey is crawling for real now. He's still pretty clumsy. He's not just crawling a couple of feet anymore, but all over the house. But the funny thing is that even though physically he can crawl, he's not quite smart enough yet to know what the heck he's doing. He crawls right into stuff without even slowing down. He'll crawl right on top of a toy instead of around it. And then he'll just keep going and kind of drag the toy along under his belly. If he runs into something (like the entertainment center), he just stays there with his head against it and cries because he doesn't know to turn around. Phillip said he didn't pass the written exam. I know he's fairly safe in the living room. I've made sure there are no small objects he can put in his mouth and that kind of thing. But I can't exactly keep him from running right into a hard surface. Hopefully in the next week or so he'll figure out what's going on.

4 comments:

Maury said...

Jackson needs to be teaching him the backward Spidey walk thingie.

Taysom Family said...

One of my boys did the same thing . . . sad thing is that I can't remember which one. I also can't remember how long it took him to figure things out. I'm sure your little guy will figure it out pretty quickly. Meantime, I guess just giggle to yourself. I just did.

Jim Looby said...

I used pillows around hard stuff. The boy would crawl into them and it would sort of turn him around. It didn't take long after that...

Mad Housewife said...

Sarah isn't crawling yet, but she rolls everywhere now. She rolls into her swing and gets her leg wrapped around one of the legs and gets frustrated because she can't figure out how to get it out of there. All she has to do is straighten it and roll back. Kids do the weirdest things.