Wednesday, August 08, 2007

What a beautiful baby!

We get lots of comments from people when we're out with Mikey. He is a very pretty baby. Big eyes, long eyelashes. Most of the comments we get are just about his eyes and that kind of thing. Almost every time we go somewhere in public with him, someone says something about what a beautiful baby he is.

But we've gotten a couple of comments that are kind of funny. A few weeks ago our waitress at a restaurant called him "sexy daddy." We thought that was pretty funny. Today I went to the grocery store and an old man said, "He'll be drinkin' beer before you know it." That's encouraging.

Mikey is Hispanic/Caucasian and I've had a few Hispanic women come up in the Mall and start speaking to him in Spanish. And calling him "Papi" and "Mijo" and that kind of thing. I think that's pretty cool. Sometimes I wonder what people think when they see us all together. It's pretty obvious that we're not both his parents. They probably think Phillip's some kind of Saint and I'm some kind of floozy. I don't really care, it's just kind of funny to think about.

1 comment:

Mad Housewife said...

People in public accuse my husband of being a "good decent man" for taking on my children, as if they're not really his children too. The reason? All three kids have blonde hair and light eyes and look exactly like me. My husband is dark-haired, dark-eyed, and has a farmer's tan so he looks much tanner than his skin really is. Funny, huh?