Thursday, August 23, 2007

Pretty sure

Mikey has a new CPS worker. She came today for a brief visit. I asked if anything new was going on with bio. mom and she said she's "pretty sure that mom signed the relinquishment papers....almost positive."

PRETTY SURE!!! Are you kidding me? So, I kept my cool. I said things like, "Yeah? Well, we'd really like to know if that's the case or not. I know you have a busy schedule, but if you could call me and let me know for sure, that would be great." (No sarcasm. I said all this stuff like the polite young lady that I'm not.) Inside I'm screaming, "What do you mean, you're not sure?? How can this be??? And if they were signed, when were they signed???? Why was I not notified????? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??!! AAHHHHH!!!"

But I kept my cool. No need ticking off CPS. She assured me at 11:00 she was going back to her office and she would check his file and call me right away. So, I held off calling her until 4:30 and I left a (calm and collected) voice mail. I will call her again tomorrow afternoon and do the same thing. Good grief, why do we have to be jerked around like this.

So, you might be wondering what happens next if mom did sign the papers. Well, there will be a hearing to finalize termination in a month or two (?). And then once that's done, we can begin the process to finally adopt this kid. He could be a legal Hintze before the end of this year.

Unless, of course, she has our case mixed up with another one and then it could drag on for who knows how long. But I'm really trying to remain positive.

7 comments:

Mad Housewife said...

Yeah, I'd be wondering the same thing. You've obviously made a happy home for him. He certainly deserves to have you as his mom. You've been taking care of him his whole life anyway, so they need to make it legal quickly. I'll be praying for you. Hope all the legal matters go smoothly.

Mad Housewife said...

Nice to finally meet you at school today. I couldn't remember how old Jackson is, so I didn't know he was starting school too. Jimmy's kindergarten teacher is Mrs. Gonzales.

Poor Evelyn started crying when we had to leave him at school. She misses him so much. She'll be jumping up and down when we go back to pick him up.

Jenny Hintze said...

They are in the same class...how weird is that?

Mad Housewife said...

Looks like the man upstairs had plans for us all to meet. I bet Jimmy will come home saying "I have a new friend, and his name is Jackson." I'll ask him when I pick him up this afternoon. I hope they'll be friends. Jimmy is a little excitable, so I hope he doesn't scare Jackson by being so talkitive. Hee hee!

Mad Housewife said...

When I picked Jimmy up a little while ago he said he made a new friend named Jackson. I told him that I knew Jackson's mommy, and he said "Yeah, Jackson is a funny kid. When I tell him funny jokes, he laughs." Ha! Ha!

Boy, you have to be there early or you're stuck on the street. I was the last car to pull into the parking lot from the street (my tail end was still barely in the street), and I got there at 2:15. I guess if I want to get Jimmy and get out of there then I should be there by 2:00 at the latest.

Mad Housewife said...

Not to fill up your comment section or anything...

Jimmy was just telling me more about school. I showed him the picture of Jackson from your previous post at someone's wedding. He said "Yup, that's Jackson. He's a good kid. I like him. He makes funny faces." Ha! Ha! He also told me about Jackson's Spider-Man lunch box. He said he played with Jackson and sat on the sqare rug with him too. I guess they really hit it off.

Jenny Hintze said...

That's cool. We walked today to avoid the lines but it was hot! Jackson said that he made a new friend today but that he couldn't remember his name. Seems like they had a good day...and we survived too.