Monday, September 24, 2007

National Adoption Day...not really National

I met with our attorney on Friday and she seems pretty nice. Things seem to be moving along well. I found out that National Adoption Day is different from one county to the next. Brazoria County's National Adoption Day is on Thursday, November 15 instead of Saturday, the 17th like I thought. Why call it National Adoption Day if it's not the same day throughout the Nation??? So, everyone who will be going with us is either going to have to take off work or school so that stinks. I'm sure we will have a lot less people there since it will be during the week. Oh well, that's just the way it is. It was weird to sit down with the attorney and talk through the adoption stuff. It is beginning to seem more real. It was strange to tell her what Mikey's new name will be. The whole thing is just so official or something. I'm still a little afraid someone is going to come along and pull the rug out from under me. I guess that's understandable.

1 comment:

gale said...

I hate that it will be in the middle of the week. I won't be able to make it. But I will be there in spirit. And I will be there the next week. Please order me one of the shirts. I want one even if I can't be there. I am glad that everything is going smoothly and can't wait until I officially have another nephew, although I couldn't love him any more than I do already.