Friday, September 28, 2007

The rug just got yanked

I wrote in my last post that I still feel like someone's going to yank the rug out from underneath me. Well, that happened today. Things are really still fine. Mikey is not going anywhere. But we will not be adopting in November. There was some serious miscommunication going on. Basically, bio. mom did relinquish her rights, but the official court termination order has not been done yet. We were told that it had been done already. It is not scheduled to be done until the end of October. And as of September 1, there is a 90 waiting period after termination for adoption (That used to be 45 days). So, we're probably looking at February at the earliest. If we had been told this a month ago we would have been totally cool with it. But now, given the inaccurate information we've been given, we're really ticked (to put it nicely).

2 comments:

Maury said...

Man, that sucks -- but at least it's just a setback and not the end of the road (easy for me to say, I know).

Taysom Family said...

ditto