Friday, March 10, 2006

Faith

A friend of mine gave me a small gift today. It's not anything I can use to make my house prettier or help me in some day to day task. It didn't cost much money. Just a small token that made a very big emotional impact on me.

She gave me a tiny newborn sock that has a small containter of mustard seeds inside of it. It took me a moment to "get it." But when I did, I got pretty choked up, which really doesn't happen very often.

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Matthew 17:20

I love the song Shifting Sand by Caedmon's Call. I really identify with that song. Some of the lyrics are below.

My faith is like shifting sand
Changed by every wave
My faith is like shifting sand
So I stand on grace

Waters rose as my doubts reigned
My sand-castle faith, it slipped away
Found myself standing on your grace
It'd been there all the time

I have faith in God, His existance, His goodness, His love. I don't struggle much with having faith that God can. But I do struggle with having the faith that God will.

Oh, and while I've been typing this, the George Michael song Faith been pushing its way into my brain. Not cool. Because once a song gets stuck there, it's hard for me to make it go away.

'Cause I gotta have faith-a-faith-a-faith-ahh!

6 comments:

Jim Looby said...

Limp Bizkit did a pretty rockin' version of Faith.

Maury said...

You guys never would let us redo that song, and see how beneficial it could have been now, 10 years later? I swear LB stole my idea, probably when Caedmon's Call stole my freakin mic stand (which I just replaced).

Phillip Hintze said...

I don't think that it's possible for Limp Bizkit (worst band name ever, btw) to do a "pretty rockin' version" of anything.

Fred Durst = opposite of rock

Jim Looby said...

Fred Durst rhymes with "dead worst."

I always liked the band, just not Freddie. Too many insecurities wrapped up in one person.

At least we did "Earth Angel" Maury...

Amy said...

Dave did the Flintstones.

Maury said...

TEH LAYDEES liked Earth Angel, so it was worth it.