Monday, March 06, 2006

Who's Monica?



I got to work today to find a "My First Harmonica" on my desk. One of my friends and faithful readers decided to push me along in this journey of discovery. The thing to discover being "Can I learn to play the harmonica?" And how do I thank her? I called her a butthead. Sorry, Erin. So anyway, I brought the thing home and tried it out. It was absolutely awful. When I thought it couldn't get any worse, Jackson decided he wanted to try it out. I really wish you could see and hear him play this thing. It is beyond hideous....and very funny. And it's really loud. He frantically breathes in and out into it, with his little belly going in and out like a belly dancer. And sometimes, just for an added treat, he hums while he's doing it. So, if Jackson wants to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the "formonica" as he calls it, he will frantically blow in and out while humming the song. I told him he can only play it in the playroom and preferably with the door closed. I told him that he plays really good (I know that's poor grammar) but that it's just too loud for mommy's ears. So he has decided that it's his formonica and that I can only borrow it sometimes if he's not "practicing" on it.

3 comments:

katie said...

Wow!
Now I know I'm not the only one up this late blogging!

Don't you love how parenthood forces us to be unselfish in so many ways, over and over again?

I wonder sometimes what kind of person I would be if it weren't for the frequent business of showing David what it is to (try to)live like a Christ-follower. I'd probably be pretty awful!

I've been enjoying your blog...hope to see you guys over there sometime this year. Kyle is really missing the Hintze men... :) and memories.

Jim Looby said...

Hmmm. Since he hums along anyway, he (and you) might be more happy with a kazoo.

beth hintze said...

Granddaddy used to play the harmonica and he had some pretty neat ones (I think maybe Freida ended up with those) and I think Maw-maw Hintze played too (?) so maybe it's a hidden family talent?! So maybe someday he could be an harmonica virtuoso!! :)