Sunday, June 25, 2006

Done Painting

Phillip and I just finished painting the nursery. We had to do quite a bit of detail touch up work to cover the remnants of the old paint job. We'll probably be getting the rest of the nursery together tomorrow excluding rug, pictures, etc. I still have to buy that kind of stuff.

I don't think the reality of having a new baby in the house has hit us yet. It still doesn't seem like it's really going to happen. I feel a little out of place looking at baby stuff at the store. I avoid eye contact. Like I don't belong there. Like someone's going to find me out and say, "Hey, what are you doing here?" It feels like a charade.

We won't believe it until that baby is in our house. A new baby. In our house. Cool.

1 comment:

Jim Looby said...

Amen on the last "kilz" post. That stuff is rancid.