Monday, June 05, 2006

Foster/Adopt Update

We have the first of about 10 classes tomorrow evening. Tomorrow is just orientation. We'll have 2 or 3 more classes in June and then 7 classes in July. We should be done with all of our classes by the end of July. In the meantime, we need to get our application finished and turned in, have our house inspected for fire safety, and take CPR/First Aid training. Once we have finished our classes, they will be do a home study and then we'll be licensed. July is going to be crazy and exciting getting the nursery ready and taking classes. So that's it for now.

5 comments:

Maury said...

I think we should be able to vote on names like we did with Jim and Amy's kid — though Amy didn't like of of our suggestions.

=/

Jim Looby said...

That could be fun... though I have some different (not necessarily more palatable) sensibilities when it comes to naming.

I think we've pretty much settled on the little one's name. Unless she comes down the chute as a he... stupid, hard-to-read sonograms...

Jim Looby said...

And, you know me, the name is only ink on a birth certificate. She'll have a half dozen nicknames, depending on my mood and inspiration. Remember my dog that answered to "dangit?"

Jenny Hintze said...

I know what you mean. Jack answers to Monkey Boy, Stinky, Twerp, Meat Head, Creepy....the list goes on and on.

beth hintze said...

I seem to remember having a couple of uncles that were really good at giving us all 'nicknames.' I still don't know what Lana's middle name actually is because she'll always be Lanacane to me! :)