Thursday, June 22, 2006

Nursery Before

The room is almost ready to paint. I will probably tape it off this afternoon and start painting either tonight or tomorrow evening. This is the paint job from Jack's nursery. We had a really cute transportation border up where the red is now. But Jack began to peel off the border while he hung out in his crib. So I took it down and painted red where the border had been. It wasn't a very relaxing room as you can imagine. So, I'm hoping a coat of Kilz will get rid of this and then I plan to paint it "toasted almond." Which basically means I'm painting it a really light tan kind of color. Anyway, I'm hoping the room isn't too blah when it's finished. It looks good in my head but that doesn't necessarily mean anythinig. I may put up a border, but I'm not sure yet. Anyway, I'll be posting some pictures as we complete the room.



4 comments:

Maury said...

Kilz is great stuff, but it can be some really nasty crap if you tick it off too much, so mind the wood floor!

You could also paint the room red, black, and hot pink. That should REALLY add to the new babe's personality!

mindy said...

I love your wood floors!
I'm sure it'll look great!

Mad Housewife said...

You asked...
My son is 4 years old, will be 5 in December. My daughter will be 2 next month.

The room looks great! Kinda like a baseball field motif to it. And I really like wood floors.

I can't wait until we're able to buy a house here in LJ.

Jenny Hintze said...

About our wood floors:

I should just be gracious and say, "Thank you. They are nice, aren't they? We love them too." But....

They are actually in terrible shape. You just can't tell from the picture. We have original hardwoods from '54 in our living room, hallway, and three bedrooms. I really like the character that they add, but they seriously need to be redone. But that is big bucks and a major pain in the butt. They look ok with rugs down. But there are some pretty serious strange spots in our living room that we can't cover up with a rug.

I'm about ready to carpet over them.

Sorry, I just couldn't let you all go on believing a lie.